A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tony at the WH!!!

According to FoxNews.com,

Sources: Tony Snow to Be Named White House Press Secretary---

WASHINGTON — Tony Snow will be named new White House press secretary on Wednesday morning, FOX News has learned. Snow is expected to be at the White House for the announcement. He has been mulling the offer for the last several days.

Long before the announcement, oddsmakers were banking on Snow, host of FOX News Talk's "The Tony Snow Show," to be tapped for the highly visible White House post.

"I expect to see him at the podium in just a few days, in the press room at the White House," Fred Barnes, editor of The Weekly Standard and a FOX News contributor, said Tuesday.

The talk radio host was given a clean bill of health by his oncologist Tuesday, following a CAT scan and other tests that were undertaken last Thursday. Sources said Snow was President Bush's first choice, but he needed the all-clear from his doctors before he takes the job. Snow is recovering from colon cancer.

"He would like to do it. If he gets an OK from his doctor, I expect it will be Tony Snow and the press will welcome him with open arms," Time magazine columnist Margaret Carlson said during the day.

"He has a great common sense, a great understanding of the issue. He is able to do it with good humor. We see him handle cancer with good humor, I think he can handle (NBC's) David Gregory with that same great humor, but also be somebody who would really communicate to the American people in a good common sense way," said Barbara Comstock, a former director of research and planning at the Republican National Committee. Gregory is known to aggressively challenge current White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan during daily press briefings.
Tony Snow would be awesome as the White House Press Secretary. He's sharp and smart and knows how to turn a phrase. I love his radio show, his columns, and his work at Fox News.

Jack Bauer would still have been a good choice, but Tony will do beautifully.

Fox has a Tony Snow bio here.

Also covering this story:

More from Michelle Malkin here and from Hot Air.
Palmetto Pundit, Webloggin, California Conservative

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,