A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, March 18, 2006

Moonbats Marching (But Fewer Than Expected)

From Stop the ACLU:

Anti-war protesters marched in Australia, Asia, Turkey and Europe on Saturday in demonstrations that marked the third anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq with a demand that coalition troops pull out.

Around 500 protesters marched through central Sydney, chanting "End the war now" and "Troops out of Iraq." Many campaigners waved placards branding President Bush the "World's No. 1 Terrorist" or expressing concerns that Iran could be the next country to face invasion.

Indeed, the protests would have probably been even smaller if it were simply pacifist dreamers gathering. Without the hatred of America to fuel these moonbats, many wouldn't have put the hash pipe down and gotten off their couch. If these folks were truly anti-war, they would be protesting the hate filled extremist terrorists that want to impose tyranny on the world under the banner of Islam. Instead, we can see their true motives, and if they were smart they would realize why they can't gather any significant support for their cause. We all want peace, but we have to look at where the root causes are that are keeping us from getting there. If you ponder it, we are always at some kind of war. War and peace and like yin and yang, and more often the only way we can achieve peace is through war with those that destroy it. Appeasement will never get us there.
More here.