A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Patrick's Day

Who was St. Patrick? Find out here,here, and here. More here, including his story, writings, prayers, images, and more. Very interesting.

St. Patrick Centre
St. Patrick’s Country.

Shamrocks

Prayer of St. Patrick

The Confession of St. Patrick

Official St. Patrick’s Day Festival, Dublin, Ireland

The Amboy Times has a great post about St. Patrick. Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!

The History Channel has
The History of St. Patrick’s Day. Lots of interesting things, including a Quiz of All Things Irish.

Marvelicious St. Patrick’s Day, with poems, sayings, links, facts, links to e-cards, and more.

The Luck of the Irish.

And more
here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Irish Cooking:
here, here, here, here, here,and here.

Irish Culture And Customs
Ireland Tourist Board
Ireland’s Government
Maps of Ireland
Photos of Ireland
the Irish Times
Browse Ireland
Ireland Fanlisting
Information About Ireland
the Irish Embassy in Washington, D.C.
the National Library of Ireland (I could spend lots of time there)
Google Ireland, also offered in Gaelic
LiveIreland, offering webcams and audiotours in Dublin

Mad Minerva told me about Tourism Ireland, (look at the URL) :) This is the St. Patrick's Day Page.

Learn Irish-Gaelic:
Interactive Irish Lessons, Irish-Gaelic Translator, Daltaí na Gaeilge (located in NJ, USA---has Irish National Anthem, and lots of other interesting things), and Irish People’s Lessons.

For the abbreviated version,
Irish Phrases.

At The Corner, John Miller tells us about
St. Brendan Who was he?

Gribbit's Word and Musing Minds both have St. Patrick's Day posts up.

Angel at
Woman Honor Thyself has interesting facts aboutthe Irish in America and more about the Irish.