A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, March 04, 2006

Let's Write Some Letters of Support

From Gribbit's Word:

Take Time To Write A Family In Need
Cross Posted From A Soldier's Perspective (on request)

Army SGT Rickey Jones, 21, of Kokomo, Ind; killed Feb. 22 when an improvised explosive device detonated near his Humvee during patrol operations in Hawijah, Iraq

I am trying to help organize a letter writing campaign to the family of SGT Rickey Jones. As you may have read earlier, their home was vandalized by idiots who wouldn’t understand patriotism if it flew a plane through their bedroom window.

If you own a blog, please post this effort on your respective blogs and ask your readers to post it on their blogs. If you are as disgusted as I am and would like to write a letter to have delivered to this family, please email Lauren (MyWay716@aol.com) for more information. The good people over at Operation Military Pride are helping facilitate the delivery of these letters.

This family recently lost a son and shouldn’t have to deal with people like Fred Phelps and the people responsible for the egging of their home and irreverent phone calls. If you feel the same way I do, please email her and write this family a letter of support and love. Let them know that we appreciate their son’s service and mourn their loss. Let’s show them what America is really made of. This isn’t about whether or not you support the war. This is about common decency for a family that has suffered the ultimate sacrifice…having to bury a child. Thank you in advance. When this is over, I want the post office to have to hire new postmen just to handle the volume. Yes, it’s a challenge, as LinkedinUSAF would say.

Helping In The Campaign:
Hilary-Dilary Dock
Media Lies
Fix4RSO
Linked In USAF
Terri’s Thoughts
Proud Army Mom
Poohette’s Place
Paulette
Hammering Sparks From The Anvil
Political Bloviation
My Daily Rant
Soldier’s Angels New York
Yikes!!
From Gribbit:

I am proud to cross-post this thread. What has happened to this family is unforgivable. Their son, the brave man that he was, gave his life in defense of this nation and for his sacrifice, his family had to endure having their house vandalized. I am appalled at the actions of those who committed this desecration of the home of this honorable family.

My heart goes out to the Jones family in their hour of grief as well as my hearty thank you for raising a son who had the internal strength and conviction to serve us. They should be proud of their son because I sure am. He is a hero in my book. Anyone who answers the call to serve is. Especially in a time of war.

You can do your part by contacting Lauren and committing yourself to expressing your gratitude to the Jones family. It is the very least that you can do.

Thank you.
Please take some time to write the Jones Family. They have given so much for our country. We can do this small thing to show them that we support them and thank them for their sacrifices.

If you have a blog or website, please consider posting this information on it.