A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, March 02, 2006

What am I reading?

Angel at Woman Honor Thyself has tagged me with this question:

Name the book or books you are currently reading or about to start, by title and genre.

Classic: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. My absolute favorite novel. I just re-read it, but want to re-read it again and again. So, here I go!

Essays, Romance: Flirting with Pride and Prejudice : Fresh Perspectives on the Original Chick-Lit Masterpiece

Political: How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must) by Ann Coulter. I've read it before, but it is so fabulous, I thought I would read it again.

Biography: Will in the World: How Shakespeare Became Shakespeare by Stephen Greenblatt.

Romance: Her Master and Commander by Lisa Kleypas. I love silly romance novels, set in England during the Regency!

I think that is it.

I am going to tag:

Paladin at A Knight's Blog
Kimsch at Musing Minds
Jason at Write Wing Conspiracy