A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, March 28, 2006

How do they plan to do this?

AP: Democrats Pledge to 'Eliminate' Osama---

WASHINGTON - Congressional Democrats promise to "eliminate" Osama bin Laden and ensure a "responsible redeployment of U.S. forces" from Iraq in 2006 in an election-year national security policy statement.

In the position paper to be announced Wednesday, Democrats say they will double the number of special forces and add more spies, which they suggest will increase the chances of finding al-Qaida's elusive leader. They do not set a deadline for when all of the 132,000 American troops now in Iraq should be withdrawn.
[---]
The platform also lacks specific details of how Democrats plan to capture bin Laden, the al-Qaida mastermind who has evaded U.S. forces in the more than four years since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
A bunch of rocket scientists in the Democrat Party! How exactly do they plan to "eliminate" Osama bin Laden?

After all, their preferred method of killing someone is abortion, but it's far too late for that.

And, the Dems are against guns, so what will they use to go after him? I daresay Osama isn't keen on hand-to-hand combat. He prefers his weapons.

I also wonder how they plan to find him, since they seem to always vote against giving the military money for new gear.

The Libs will have a very hard time with no way to find him and no way to "eliminate" him.

But, I forget. They really don't want to do either of those two things. Instead, they prefer to go after President Bush. And, by the way the Dems behave, they seem to be on Osama's side.

I guess we'll just have to keep trying.