A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, March 27, 2006

This is Our Country

More on the illegal aliens demanding rights this weekend:

President Bush is going to speak about immigration in a few minutes. I'm sure you can catch it on all the major cable news channels (or at least parts of it). Right now Alberto Gonzales is up talking. As though I trust him on illegal "immigration." Wasn't he a member of LaRaza? I have to go to work, but I'll post the transcript later. Get ready for some pro-amnesty talk in the form of "guest-worker programs." Not good enough, George!

Martin at Blogbat says:

That ground-shaking sensation under your feet might well be the United States getting ready to vomit out illegal aliens that have heretofore infected it with so much social sickness and literal disease.

Any effort to mitigate losses by the infecting organism at this stage is utterly hopeless, and will neither mitigate nor forestall the host's chosen action.

Nevertheless, let’s walk down the path of absurdities a bit and shoot down a couple of the left’s key talking points:

- The left has been welcoming the illegal Mexican invasion calling it "diversity" for some time, but it is precisely this invasion which so overwhelms by numbers other groups legally immigrating, that threatens diversity.

And we need to call "racist" the red herring that it is. Most, if not all large countries in this hemisphere are made up of white, black, Indian and other groups. Mexico is no different. Unfortunately, Mexico has historically been very racist and run by elite white Spaniards, but this is neither our fault nor our problem. A Mexican is no more a race than an guppy is something other than a fish. Disliking illegal Mexican invaders is no different than disliking annoying Frenchmen, any Canadians who happen to be snotty or an annoying person from New Jersey. The racism charge falls helplessly flat before any thinking person.
Michelle Malkin has more on a Minuteman leader who was attacked in Indiana. The information came from Freedom Folks, one of whom was actually there. (Update here.)

Michelle Malkin also has a post about Welcome to the Reconquista. You wouldn't believe some of the signs these illegals and their friends carry. Newsflash to them: the spoils belong to the victors, so go home (to MEXICO) and cry in a bucket.

More later.