A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, March 10, 2006

Are you a TRUE AMERICAN?

My Grandfather sent this via e-mail:

In God We Trust

It is time to change from REDNECK humor to TRUE AMERICAN Humor!

Only I don't see it as Humor, but the correct way to LIVE YOUR LIFE !

If you feel the same, pass this on to your True American friends. Ya'll
know who ya' are...

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: It never occurred to you to be offended

by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never protested about seeing

the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You still say "Christmas" instead of
"Winter Festival."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You stand and place your hand over your

heart when they play the National Anthem.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never burned an American flag.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You know what you believe and you aren't

afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pass this on!

God Bless the U S A !

Image hosting by Photobucket