A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, March 09, 2006

Why blame the Palestinians?

At least, that's what an United Nations official thinks.

Jerusalem Newswire: UN envoy: It's all the Jews' fault---

Almost completely disregarding Palestinian Arab aggression against Israel's Jews, a United Nations envoy has sought to lay the blame for regional conflict at the doorstep of the Jewish state by misrepresenting and exaggerating Israel's defensive measures and isolated acts of frustration.

In a special report prepared for next week's annual meeting of the UN Human Rights Commission, South African lawyer John Dugard charged:
"It seems that settlers are able to terrorize Palestinians and destroy their trees and crops with impunity."
What he failed to mention, however, are the innumerable stoning, shooting and bombing attacks carried out against the Jewish settlers by the hostile Arab population surrounding them. Often those attacks are launched from the cover of olive groves and fruit orchards, prompting frustrated and threatened Israelis to take matters into their own hands.
Typical of the UN (and also typical of the Left) to blame Israel (or the US or Britain) for the violence of the Muslim Arabs. Read the rest of the article here.

What should the Israelis do? Allow the Palestinians to continue attacking them, without responding?