A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, March 10, 2006

Rally for the Memorial

Also from Take Back the Memorial:

Rally Notice, Monday, March 13 at noon (Church and Liberty Streets)

Take Back the Memorial invites all supporters to join with us to support the call for a postponement of the groundbreaking on LMDC’s flawed memorial. Take Back the Memorial demands that legitimate talks with Governor Pataki and John Cahill ensue immediately with an aim towards resolving the outstanding issues plaguing the memorial before construction commences. America deserves nothing less.

The American public is being asked to pay for this memorial through their tax dollars and donations. The American people deserve to have the outstanding issues and concerns addressed BEFORE construction begins. LMDC is plowing ahead, claiming to have led an open, transparent and inclusive “process.” Redevelopment officials say the current plans for the memorial and museum were developed in “good faith.” Yet, LMDC continues to ignore the pleas of the nation’s most prestigious preservation groups, the heroes and families of 9/11, and the American public.

WHEN: Monday, March 13, 2006 at noon
WHERE: Corner of Church and Liberty Streets at the World Trade Center Site


**Advocates for 9/11 Fallen Heroes Memorial is hosting non-stop vigils at Ground Zero (corner of Church and Liberty Streets) until LMDC addresses the issues and concerns associated with its grossly flawed memorial. Each day at noon, a prayer vigil will be held. We encourage you to lend your support.