A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, February 20, 2006

Music!

Angel of Woman Honor Thyself has tagged me. You can read her post here.

Here are the instructions:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to. Just link here and trackback when you make your list, and tell the folks you tag to do the same so you can enjoy their posts.

So, here is my list of seven songs. Honestly, I have been listening to one soundtrack lately, so I daresay the majority (if not all) of the songs will be from it:

1. "A Postcard to Henry Purcell" from the Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack (you can hear all 17 songs in their entirety here).

2. "Georgianna" from the Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack

3. "Arrival at Netherfield" from the Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack

4. "Your Hands Are Cold" from the Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack

5. "Mrs. Darcy" from the Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack

6. "Like We Never Loved At All" by Faith Hill, with Tim McGraw

7. "Cinema Paradiso" by Josh Groban

If you can't tell from the above, I have been listening to the soundtrack to the newest version of Pride & Prejudice quite a lot. It is beautifully done and suits the movie excellently. The score is full of exquisite piano. The composer tried to create music Jane Austen might have listened to and I daresay he succeeded. (You can read my review of the movie here.)

I am tagging:

April at April's Interesting Anecdotes and Analyses and Just Barely Inside the Beltway
Nick at Observant Observations and Just Barely Inside the Beltway
Jason at Write Wing Conspiracy
Paul at Paul's Word
Paladin at A Knight's Blog
Kimsch at Musing Minds
Christine at The Many Musings of a Roguish Miss