A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, February 19, 2006

Dead Works Too

AP: Bin Laden Vows Never to Be Captured Alive---

CAIRO, Egypt - Osama bin Laden promised never to be captured alive and declared the U.S. had resorted to the same "barbaric" tactics used by Saddam Hussein, according to an audiotape purportedly by the al-Qaida leader posted Monday on a militant Web site.

The tape appeared to be a complete version of one that was first broadcast Jan. 19 on Al-Jazeera, the pan-Arab satellite channel, in which bin Laden offered the United States a long-term truce but also said his al-Qaida terror network would soon launch a fresh attack on American soil.

"I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death, I don't want to die humiliated or deceived," bin Laden said. He also said U.S. actions in Iraq were comparable to the actions of the ousted Iraqi leader.
Earlier this week it was Saddam sounding like the Libs. Now Osama is joining the DNC party by comparing the Bush Administration to Saddam. They all sound alike.

And remember, you are either with us or with the terrorists. I guess that means Saddam, Osama, Teddy, John, Howie, and the rest are one big happy family.

Dead works too.