A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hey, Iran, the Grown-Ups are Coming!

Over at Stop the ACLU, Jay has written a post asking the question Is Iran Next?

It seems Britain's Sunday-Telegraph has a story about "US prepares military blitz against Iran's nuclear sites."

Interesting.

Here is an excerpt:

Strategists at the Pentagon are drawing up plans for devastating bombing raids backed by submarine-launched ballistic missile attacks against Iran's nuclear sites as a "last resort" to block Teheran's efforts to develop an atomic bomb.

Central Command and Strategic Command planners are identifying targets, assessing weapon-loads and working on logistics for an operation, the Sunday Telegraph has learnt.
This might be what is required to stop Iran from becoming a nuclear threat. It would be far better to do something drastic before something drastic happens to us.

It is obvious, from what the Iranian "president," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has been saying, and Iran's actions of late, that something must be done to prevent Iran from acquiring or creating nuclear weapons. The safety of the world is at stake.

Should we stand idly by while the UN and the EU make light of serious threats? Should we twiddle our thumbs while the UN and the EU issue firmly worded resolutions, calling for serious consequences (by which they mean more strongly worded resolutions)?

I don't think so. If diplomacy doesn't work, then the Grown-Ups of the World (the US, Israel, usually Britain) will have to do the Grown-Up work. We mustn't let this sort of talk lull us into compromises.

Stop the ACLU has a round-up of other blogger's opinions. I suggest having a visit.