A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, February 10, 2006

Who gets to tell Osama?

I've been watching the Opening Ceremonies for the Turin Winter Olympic Games. This latest portion has been, really, a Lib love-fest.

Susan Sarandon helped carry in the Olympic flag (She was one of eight women, which people are overjoyed about, as it is the first time eight women have carried the flag in. Oh, what a joyful thing!---Please, who really cares?).

Yoko Ono got up, with those stupid big sunglasses (at night?) and blabbed about "peace" and how if a "billion people believed in peace, we would have peace."

Then, some guy sang (loser) John Lennon's "Imagine." Blah, blah, blah.

My question is, who gets to tell Osama bin Laden about the whole Peace Plan? I vote for sending Susan and Yoko. Don't they realize he would have them beheaded?