A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, January 20, 2006

How to Help Fight the ACLU

Yesterday, for the Stop the ACLU blogburst, we posted about the ACLU’s NSA lawsuit.

Here's more information on what you can do, courtesy of Stop the ACLU:

So you want to get involved with us as an intervening party against the ACLU in their case challenging the NSA? Here is what to do.

Email Debbie Schlussel with the following information. Via Debbie Schlussel’s site:

I will need everyone’s complete name and contact info (full name, phone number, e-mail address, complete U.S. snailmail address–you must be a U.S. citizen). If you have e-mailed me regarding this, I will respond via e-mail to you over the weekend and into next week, with an affidavit to sign (with notarized signature) and a brief agreement saying you agree to have me represent you in court for this matter and that I will not charge you any fees.
Debbie has agreed to do this service for America completely free, however the filing fee for the affidavit will be $250.00, and there will be other fees.

If you want to join, please use the above information to e-mail Debbie. You can also donate money at Stop the ACLU.

This is an important fight. Please consider joining!