A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, November 06, 2005

HP and GOF London Premiere!

AP: Harry Potter Cast Attends London Premiere---

LONDON - A sense of magic and excitement was in the air in London's Leicester Square on Sunday as Harry Potter fans waited in the rain to greet cast members attending the premiere of the latest Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire."
---
Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Potter, attended the premier Sunday evening along with other cast members including Robbie Coltrane, who plays Harry's friend Hagrid, Michael Gambon, who stars as the kindly Albus Dumbledore, and Maggie Smith who plays Professor McGonagall.

An ebullient Radcliffe, 16, professed himself delighted to see his fans.

"If this doesn't get you excited, then nothing will," he told reporters. "It is a bizarre experience (to be mobbed). Fans are the most amazing people."

The film tells how the young wizard, now in his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, is selected to compete in the Quidditch Triwizard Tournament against older and more experienced students from rival schools. He also encounters his first love interest, new character Cho Chang, played by Katie Leung.

"Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire" was the fastest-selling book in history on the first weekend of its publication in July 2000. The films of the first two books grossed more than 1 billion pounds (€1.5 billion, US$1.7 billion worldwide.
I cannot wait to see it next week!

Lots more from CNN.

Mugglenet.com has much, much more coverage.

HP Author J.K. Rowling's official site.

Official Movie Website.

DarkMark.com.

Harry Potter Fanzone.