A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, November 05, 2005

Illegal Aliens, Not "Immigrants"

AP: Immigrants Often Unpaid for Katrina Work---

GULFPORT, Miss. - A pattern is emerging as the cleanup of Mississippi's Gulf Coast morphs into its multibillion-dollar reconstruction: Come payday, untold numbers of Hispanic immigrant laborers are being stiffed. Sometimes, the boss simply vanishes. Other workers wait on promises that soon, someone in a complex hierarchy of contractors will provide the funds to pay them.

Nonpayment of wages is a violation of federal labor law, but these workers — thousands of them, channeled into teams that corral debris, swaddle punctured roofs in blue tarps and gut rain-ravaged homes — are especially vulnerable because many are here illegally. (emphasis added)
Illegally coming into this country is a violation of federal law. These people, if they are here illegally, have no right to even be here, let alone have a job or be paid.

I have no sympathy for a criminal complaining that someone else has done something illegal to him. This "non-payment of wages" would not be happening if the workers were citizens (illegals are not citizens) of the United States, rather than invaders.

The headline of the article really ought to read "Illegal Aliens Often Unpaid for Illegal Work."

Of course, the MSM persists in calling them "immigrants," rather than the proper title of "illegal aliens."

This is our country and we have a right to enforce our borders and keep illegal aliens out. They are invaders.

Mr. President, part of the blame rests with you. Do something substantial about it. No guestworker programs. No amnesty. Just rounding-up and deportation.