A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, September 18, 2005

Well, La Di Da!

AP: Martha Stewart Pledges $5M to Hospital---

NEW YORK - After years of making doilies and desserts, Martha Stewart plans to create something on a grander scale: a new facility at Mount Sinai Hospital.

Stewart, to mark her mother's 91st birthday, pledged $5 million to fund the creation of the Martha Stewart Center for Living at the Manhattan hospital.

She announced the donation after whipping up a carrot cake for her mother on the nationally syndicated "how to" series, "Martha."

Stewart's mother, Martha Kostyra, was in the audience when the agreement was announced with Dr. Brent Ridge, who will head the new center.

The facility will provide medical treatment and care, while operating as a think tank to address problems facing the elderly.

"What we are really interested in is the art of aging gracefully and well, and staying healthy as long as we can," said Stewart, who recently completed her house arrest for lying to authorities about a 2001 stock sale.
The "Martha Stewart Center for Living"??? She is full of herself.

It must be noted that MS's mother's name is Martha, but not Martha Stewart, so obviously the center is named after good old MS herself, not her mother.

How conceited.