A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, September 20, 2005

LOL

Via K-Lo at the Corner:

AP: NYC police shut down speech by Cindy Sheehan---

NEW YORK - Police cut short a speech by anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan and arrested a rally organizer, saying he hadn’t obtained a permit for use of a loudspeaker.

Sheehan, the grieving mother whose 26-day vigil near President Bush’s Texas ranch sparked anti-war protests around the country, had nearly finished her speech Monday when police intervened.

Supporters ushered her away from the rally at Manhattan’s Union Square park as onlookers yelled at police and chanted “Let her speak!”

Rally organizer Paul Zulkowitz was charged with unauthorized use of a sound device and disorderly conduct. He was given a court summons and released, said Detective Kevin Czartoryski.
How funny!

And Cindy Supporters, she could speak, just not through the loudspeaker!