A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, September 19, 2005

Ah, Adult Ones

FoxNews.com: Adult Stem Cells May Help Spine-Injured Mice---

In lab tests, mice with spinal injuries had some improvements after getting injections of adult human neural stem cells.

The mice showed evidence of spinal-cord-lesion repair and better mobility, report Aileen Anderson, PhD, and colleagues.

”This work is a promising step, and supports the need to study multiple stem cell types for the possibility of treating human neurological injury and disease,” says Anderson in a news release.

Andersonworks at the University of California at Irvine’s departments of physical medicine and rehabilitation, anatomy and neurobiology, and the Reeve-Irvine Research Center.

The study appears in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Use the link for the rest of the article.

I don't believe in using embryonic stem cells, but adult stem cells are absolutely fine. Adults don't die just to give them up.