A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, September 19, 2005

Liberals have torn it up

I just got this in my e-mail:

Gonzaga U. To Present Lecture On 'Original Constitution' September 20. for Constitution Day

Gonzaga University will present a lecture titled, “Whatever Became of the Original Constitution?” at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 20, in the Globe Room of Cataldo Hall on campus. The event is free and open to the public.

The lecture will be presented by Gonzaga political science Professors Blaine Garvin and Michael Leiserson who say that the original Constitution did not create the democracy most Americans think it did. In fact, its authors sought an alternative to democracy, not democracy itself. The professors will explain these and other aspects of the Constitution, including what happened to the 18th century design to give us the 21st century democracy we enjoy today.

No surprise coming from Gonzaga.

In addition, Garvin and Leiserson will discuss whether our leaders truly understand the Constitution, and how our two major political parties today regard the Constitution and whether they perhaps misinterpret it.

All colleges and universities that receive federal funds have been mandated to hold an educational program about the U.S. Constitution on or about Sept. 17 each year.

For more information about this lecture, contact Susie Prusch at (509) 323-5571 or via e-mail at prusch@gu.gonzaga.edu
I never had Leiserson, but if Garvin is giving the talk, then I'm sure it will be full of anti-Conservative Liberal rhetoric.