A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, September 21, 2005

And I thought Liberals were the caring ones?

We always hear about how loving and caring and open Liberals are to everyone (except Christian Conservatives). We Republicans are the mean, name-calling, horrible people.

But, of course, the reverse is actually true.

On Sunday, I wrote a post entitled Liberals Hate Men, which they do.

In response, I received a comment from a Liberal man named Brad. You can read our exchanges here.

Here is what his first comment said:

Are you retarded or is this parody? Liberals hate men? Do you have any, uh, what do you call it, PROOF?

Wow, upon rereading your "post", it is apparent you are retarded.
I responded and he commented on my response:

So thanks for the proof. You are retarded.
I responded with :

And I always thought Liberals were the kind, loving never-call-people names people.
Brad's comment today is:

That's not name-calling. That's pointing out a fact. That you're retarded.
So, apparently I am retarded. Liberals are such nice people.