A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, August 29, 2005

What?!?

Imagine a President's appointee actually pushing his policies! It is unthinkable! Or at least it is if the President is a Republican and the appointee is, later in life, a nominee for the Supreme Court by another Republican president. Who would ever think that, back when John Roberts was an appointee for President Reagan, he actually pushed President Reagan's policies?

I've never noticed the Liberal media objecting to Democrat nominees and appointees pushing the agendas and policies of their Democrat presidents. Apparently dissent in an administration ought only to happen when the administration is Republican.

Here's a bit of the article from Yahoo News.

Roberts Pushed for Reagan Policies---

Roberts also pushed the Reagan administration to get its conservative policies enacted so future presidents could not readily abrogate them, according to the papers. And he showed displeasure with the federal judiciary, saying the Justice Department needs to get legal solutions "less dependent on the fiat of unelected jurists."
I'm sure most presidents do this sort of thing. And really, I'm thankful that President Reagan tried to make it so the Dems couldn't ruin his wonderful policies, etc.

And I also agree with Judge Roberts about the Justice Department, et al, be "less dependent on the fiat of unelected jurists." Judges legislating from the bench and making things up about the Constitution seems to have become all too common now.