A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Thank you, Israel

Israel, our great ally, has offered sympathies and any assistance they can give. God Bless Israel.

Jerusalem Post: Israel sends condolences to US---

Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom sent US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice a letter offering assistance and expressing sympathy for the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina a day after a State Department spokesman said that Rice had not received any calls from her colleagues abroad.

"Please allow me to express my condolences to you and to the people of the United States of America on the loss of life and the terrible pain and destruction caused by Hurricane Katrina," Shalom wrote.

"As we all stand in awe at the great force of nature unleashed on the shores of the United States, please be rest assured that the people of Israel share your sorrow and extend our hand in comfort and friendship," he wrote. "We also stand ready to assist in any way possible."

One official said that Israel's offer of assistance was of a general nature, and that the Americans have not asked for any help. The official said that although Israel does not have any particular expertise in battling floods, it does have a great deal of expertise dealing with collapsed buildings.
(Curtsy K-Lo at The Corner)