A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Comparing Coverage

I've been watching Fox News coverage of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Earlier today, I was watching Shepard Smith during his Studio B show. Shep is down in New Orleans, wearing the same clothes he wore yesterday, looking as though he hasn't had any sleep. He and his crew thought Mississippi would be a bigger story last night, so they tried to head there. The usual road is damaged, so they were going to have to go a long way. There is no gas, so they are still in New Orleans.

When Shep began to talk about the devastation in Mississippi he began to get choked up. Shep's from Mississippi.

He spent the whole hour talking about the destruction and devastation and the people in Louisiana and Mississippi and what might happen in the coming weeks.

During a commercial break, I flipped through the other news channels. I landed on the Communist News Network. Wolf Blitzer was on, from a CNN studio.

A female reporter was about to give an in-studio report about some aspect of Hurrican Katrina.

Wolf asks something to the effect of "Can we assume these people are without internet access?"

The people of New Orleans are without food, water, electricity, homes, transportation, gasoline, and some, worst of all, without family members.

What a stupid question.

To be honest, I didn't see much more of his coverage, so I can't tell you how bad the rest of it was.