A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Cindy Changes Her Mind

Since she has been camped out at "Camp Cindy," as I like to call it, Cindy Sheehan has repeatedly, harshly demanded a meeting with President Bush.

Now she has changed her mind.

Yahoo News: Sheehan Glad Bush Didn't Visit Protest---

CRAWFORD, Texas — A woman who led an anti-war protest for nearly a month near President Bush's ranch said Tuesday that she's glad Bush never showed up to discuss her son's death in Iraq, saying the president's absence "galvanized the peace movement."

Cindy Sheehan's comments came as war protesters packed up their campsite near the ranch and prepared to leave Tuesday for a three-week bus tour.

"I look back on it, and I am very, very, very grateful he did not meet with me, because we have sparked and galvanized the peace movement," Sheehan told The Associated Press. "If he'd met with me, then I would have gone home, and it would have ended there."
The truth is that the President did meet with Cindy Sheehan and she had nothing bad to say then.

Only now has she made this a crusade, dishonoring her son and those others who have died fighting this war, by repeatedly calling the war wrong and immoral and calling the terrorists her son was fighting "freedom fighters."

I am glad the President did not cave in to Cindy's insane demands and meet with her.

"When I first started here, I was sitting in the ditch thinking, 'What the heck did I do? Texas in August, the chiggers, fire ants, rattlesnakes, uncomfortable accommodations' — but I'm going to be sad leaving here," Sheehan said. "I hope people will say that the Camp Casey movement sparked a peace movement that ended the war in Iraq."
No, Cindy, they won't, because the war in Iraq is too important to the preservation of freedom.