A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rush on Rebuilding

I didn't hear very much of Rush Limbaugh's radio show today, but I've read a transcript of a portion on his site.

El Rushbo was talking about how this is a natural cycle of destruction and rebuilding, as well as more about how the Left is the barrier to using fuels and supplies as necessary.

I thought the part about the rebuilding was very interesting, so here it is:

Just to carry out a theme, folks, that I have established recently, "the people who make this country work." When you turn on your television and you look at the people rebuilding New Orleans and Gulfport and Biloxi, Mississippi, those are not going to be environmentalists. You won't see the Robert F. Kennedy, Jrs., or any of these others from these well heeled nonprofit groups rebuilding New Orleans in Gulfport and Biloxi.

Do you know who it's going to be? It's going to be the military. It will be construction companies and their employees. It will be hotels and restaurants and grocery stores and the like. It will be the very capitalists that make this country work; it will be the very people that make this country work. It will not be the environmentalists who detest these people. It'll be the Wal-Marts of the world. It'll be the Anheuser-Busches. It will be the Ford Motor Company.

All of these institutions the left despises, that's who you'll see rebuilding these cities. You won't see one person from the Sierra Club there. You will not see one person from the Environmental Resources Defense Fund there. You wouldn't see any environmentalist there. You'll see them on TV, whining and moaning about things and complaining like they always do.
Rush also had a list of articles about these companies who have already donated to the effort and the actual impact of the storm on the US.

Read the Article...

(Reuters: Storm economic impact seen modest-WHouse)
(Investor's Business Daily: Katrina: Summoned By A Hurricane)
(AP: Meteorologists: It Could Have Been Worse)
(Ford Motor Credit Offers Payment Deferrals to Hurricane Katrina Victims)
(PETCO Holds 'Round-Up' to Aid Animal Victims of Hurricane Katrina)
(Anheuser-Busch Donates Canned Water to Aid Hurricane Katrina Victims in Louisiana)
(Wal-Mart Donates $1 Million to The Salvation Army for Katrina Disaster Relief)