A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, July 17, 2005

Hooray!



I'm almost finished with the book and it is fabulous! I can't wait to finish it, but I also do not want to. I am sure it will be 2-3 years until the 7th and final book in the series comes out. The story is simply brilliant and there is so much detail. I am a bit nervous of continuing on, because one of the characters is going to die. I have no idea which, though I am sure you can find it on the internet already.

If you have never read any of the series, start with the first one Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (the British title is and the Philospher's Stone). Such brilliant, well-written books, with fabulous characters, humor, and everything else you need in a book. I honestly have a difficult time putting any of them down. Well, when they get really good I have to set them down for a while, so I can savor it.