A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, January 15, 2007

Rush on 24

On his radio program today, Rush talked a lot about the first 2 episodes of 24. You can read the transcript by clicking on this link:

El Rushbo Impatient with Ornery "24" Critics---

"Folks, '24' is one of the best television shows I've ever seen. You can't get up from your chair. The action is riveting, the plot twists. You can watch it or not, but I don't know how if you start it you can stop it."
I know I can't stop watching it!

What do you think about the first four episodes?

I can't believe what happened towards the end of hour 4. Kiefer Sutherland is a tremendous actor.

I don't know how I will be able to wait another week to see the next episode (and then a week after that and a week after that . . .). I suppose I have become used to watching the seasons on DVD, which means I can watch several episodes in a row. On the other hand, I love having to wait to see what happens next because the anticipation builds and builds.

I'll probably be posting a lot about 24 in the coming weeks.

Technorati Tags: , , ,