A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rush on J.D. Hayworth's Loss

I was also very sad to see that J.D. Hayworth, of Arizona, lost his House race on Tuesday night. He is an excellent man and a tough opponent of illegal immigration.

Of course, the MSM has been saying that J.D. lost because of his stance on illegals: he's too harsh and he was rejected.

But, Rush has it Right:


RUSH: J.D. Hayworth is from Arizona. Now, he's one of the Republican freshmen of '94, and he won that race by a very slim margin, because it's a Democrat district.

CALLER: Hm-hm.

RUSH: He kept it up until Tuesday. J.D. Hayworth led -- and this is Arizona, this is a state that is really up in arms about illegal immigration. J.D. Hayworth led the fight in Congress on the Republican side against illegal immigration. He lost. Now, the details of his loss are being totally misrepresented by the Drive-By Media. He ran against a Democrat who was parroting and echoing everything J.D. was saying. He was making himself out to be an even bigger anti-illegal immigrant guy when he wasn't.

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: But the message. Who's going to know that?

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: The Drive-By Media is portraying this as anybody who was really pro-anti-illegal immigration got swept away. They're trying to kill this issue, the Drive-By Media, as they always do. They're trying to massage and write that J.D. Hayworth lost because he came across as nativist, racist, too strident, and anti-Mexican. Now, what message does that send Republicans? If they're the usual weak-kneed Republicans, "Gosh, that's a losing issue. I can't do what J.D. did. I'll lose, too. The media will write that I'm a racist and that I'm a nativist and that I hate Mexicans." So you can't assume that Republicans are going to be voting against this, either.

CALLER: Well, then there's no way we're going to get any majority back if they're going to hide their principles.

RUSH: Oh, yes, there is. We may not get a majority back with this current crop, but that's what the winnowing out process is all about. Besides, some people said it would be better if we lose anyway.

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: So we've lost. I'm not trying to depress you. I'm trying to just share the way I look at this with you, and one of my theories as you well know is that one of the reasons that conservatives get talked out of it is the media.

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: And what has happened here to J.D. Hayworth is a classic example. They are mischaracterizing why he lost, they're now saying he's nativist and racist and anti-Mexican. I'm telling you, to Washington Republicans, they read that, and that's the last thing they're going to want said about them.

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: So they won't go there.
(Emphasis added)

Remember to consider the source. The MSM hates Republicans Conservatives and will do all it can to help the Liberals. We have to keep fighting for what is right: enforcing our laws.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,