A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tony Blair Defends Us

Thank you, Mr. Blair. While I am quite sure I do not agree with, perhaps, the majority of Tony Blair's beliefs, I will always admire him for his strong friendship and support in the War On Terror. I would never have believed he would turn out to be such an ally.

Al-Reuters: Blair attacks Europe's "mad anti-Americans"---

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair launched a withering attack on Thursday on what he called "mad anti-Americanism" among European politicians.

Blair, U.S. President George W. Bush's closest ally in the so-called war on terror, said the world urgently needs the United States to help tackle the globe's most pressing problems.

"The danger is if they decide to pull up the drawbridge and disengage. We need them involved," Blair said, spelling out his political vision in a pamphlet published by The Foreign Policy Center think-tank.

"The strain of, frankly, anti-American feeling in parts of European politics is madness when set against the long-term interests of the world we believe in," he said.

[. . .]

Responding to those who have criticized the White House, Blair said in his pamphlet: "The danger with America today is not that they are too much involved."

"We want them engaged. The reality is that none of the problems that press in on us can be resolved or even contemplated without them," he added.
It is a sad state Europe would be in if we chose not to make our presence known round the world. Who do they think is keeping the majority of the barbarians outside the gates? Not France. Not Germany. Not Spain or any other continental country. England does its part, but if the world wants to end the Reign of Terror brought on by the barbarian Islamo-Fascists they must all participate.

Calling us names, refusing to work things out, and siding with tyrants like Saddam Hussein will bring about the fall of Europe in a way that neither Napoleon nor Hitler could do.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,