A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, September 15, 2006

A So-Called Objective Journalist

On Wednesday I published a post titled Tony Blair Defends Us.

Until I read this post at NRO's Media Blog, I didn't even notice Al-Reuters' language.

Here is what I missed (in bold):

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair launched a withering attack on Thursday on what he called "mad anti-Americanism" among European politicians.

Blair, U.S. President George W. Bush's closest ally in the so-called war on terror, said the world urgently needs the United States to help tackle the globe's most pressing problems.
The War On Terror should only be "so-called" if we can also say that Islam is a "so-called" "religion of peace" (which it most OBVIOUSLY is NOT).

Apparently the reporters at Al-Reuters need a little lesson in reality. How about we send them off to Iran. They can try to report the "so-called" truth there and see what happens to those who don't do as the regime says.

We are fighting a GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR. It will not be over any time soon, so the MSM better figure this out. The terrorists will not be stopped by a few invites to tea parties at the UN. We must terminate them, as my grandfather wisely says, with extreme prejudice.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,