A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, September 25, 2006

If You Live in Washington . . .

I received this in an e-mail from the American Family Association and thought I would post it.

Are You Registered To Vote In Washington?

Mail-In Voter Registration Deadline Is October 7 and In-Person October 23

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, as many as 35 percent of the eligible Americans are not registered to vote – that’s 45 to 65 million people! Less than half of the voting-age population actually votes in any given election. Washington’s mail-in general election voter registration deadline is October 7 and in-person October 23. CLICK HERE for a voter registration form for Washington.

Any registered voter in Washington State may vote by Absentee Ballot. CLICK HERE for Absentee Voting information.

The American Family Association has created ValuesVoters.com is a resource to help you become an informed voter and it has been completely updated for 2006. CLICK HERE for your total voter information guide for Washington State.

Your vote will make a difference. Please be an active citizen and vote. Also remind others to vote by forwarding this email to your friends and family. Call others who do not have computers and remind them of the importance of being a registered and active voter.

Make a difference! Remember to vote in Washington’s General Election on Tuesday, November 7. Urge your friends and family members to join you in this privilege that millions of people in other parts of the world can only dream about.

Technorati Tags: , , ,