A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Friday, August 04, 2006

Three Things Meme

Angel at Woman Honor Thyself tagged me with this the other day, but I have been at the lake so I couldn't post until now:

Name 3 Things That:

1. 3 things that scare me:
-Bugs: Seriously, I HATE them. Creepy, creepy, creepy! I act like a little girl.
-The Devil's power over people
-Terrorism and an open border

2. People who make me laugh:
-Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in POTC and POTC2
-Hugh Laurie as House on House
-Tony Shaloub as Adrian Monk on Monk

3. Things I hate the most:
-The Devil
-Liberal policies such as abortion, gay marriage, etc.
-Poor Manners

4. Things I don't understand:
-Why anyone can think abortion is ok (and, why anyone can think abortion is ok, but have fits over animal testing)
-Why people stupidly vote for Libs
-How anyone can NOT love Jane Austen

5. Things I'm doing right now:
-Blogging
-Thinking about books I am reading
-Thinking of making tea

6. Things I want to do before I die:
-Visit England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales (especially any place Jane Austen was)
-Learn to Waltz
-Write a Book

7. Things I can do:
-Read, Read, Read!
-Bake: Crumpets, Scones, Cheesecakes, Cookies, etc.
-Knit

8. Ways to describe my personality:
-Reserved
-Quiet
-Thoughtful

9. Things I can't do:
-Run a marathon
-Eat raw fish
-Be a Liberal

10. Things you should listen to:
-The Pope (well, of course God, Jesus, and the Bible!
-The Conservative Base
-Jane Austen

11. Things you should never listen to:
-The Devil
-Liberals
-the U.N.

12. Absolute favorite foods:
-Pizza
-Potatoes and Chicken (made various ways)
-Popcorn!

13. Things I'd like to learn:
-Welsh, Scots-Gaelic, and Irish
-How to do calligraphy
-How to really cook

14. Beverages I drink regularly:
-Water
-Tea
-Diet Pepsi

15. Shows I watched as a kid:
We didn't watch much when we were really young, but here are some I watched when I was a bit older.
-Little House on the Prairie
-Highway to Heaven
-Here Come the Brides

16. People I'm tagging:
-Anna at A Rose By Any Other Name
-Amy Proctor
-Mad Minerva