A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Off to the Lake Yet Again!

Dear Lady Lori has been in town the last few days and we have had a lot of fun, but no time for blogging. I am going to the lake shortly and will not be back until Friday, so I will not be blogging until then.

You will find great blogging at the following blogs:

Woman Honor Thyself
A Rose By Any Other Name
Blue Star Chronicles
Mad Minerva
Stop the ACLU
Coalition Against Illegal Immigration

AND, go see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest! It's great and, I am sure, sooooo very much better than Miami Vice.

Johnny Depp. Orlando Bloom. Keira Knightley. Pirates. Swordfights. Treasure. Ships. Adventure.

How can you pass that up, mate? ;)

P.S. 3:40pm:
Haven't left for the lake yet. I was watching Special Report and there was a story on the upcoming renovation of the White House Press Briefing Room. My goodness! Such whining from the press corps about the size and state of the current room. Whining about the chairs and the floors and the space and all. One silly person even complained that "this isn't how it should be in a democracy!" That's absolutely ridiculous. In a democracy, the people's money should be spent on the people, not on people who make up stories for a living. If the Press Corps wants a lovely, perfect room, they can have a bake sale and raise the money themselves. WE don't owe THEM anything. This is just another example of the MSM's belief in it's own superiority and deservedness. No thank you. I think it ridiculous that our government is renovating a press room. The First Amendment only guarantees Freedom of the Press; it says nothing about keeping them comfortable.