A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, August 06, 2006

On Her Summer Vacation

Ann Coulter's latest column is all about What I did on my Summer vacation. Here is an excerpt:

Dear Readers: I hope you're enjoying your summer so far. How I wish I could join you at the beach, by the pool, or out at the ranch clearing brush. Unfortunately my summer has been spent promoting my new book "Godless: The Church of Liberalism."

If you've ever wondered what it would be like to be on tour promoting a book -- and, honestly, who hasn't? -- it's like being on a long, low-budget vacation with all of the good parts taken out. Except, of course, that I occasionally get to meet wonderful people like you who read my books, which makes it more than worthwhile.

Being on a book tour also means answering questions such as the following, which were left out of a Baltimore Sun article due to length. I hope you enjoy my responses, and look for me in fine bookstores everywhere this summer.
Do read the rest. Ann is hilarious and sharp as always!

Technorati Tags: , ,