A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, July 06, 2006

Items of Interest

Sorry for the lack of posting. Being at the lake for four days means lots to do when I get back. I had a bunch of errands to run and a (new) sunburn to put aloe on.

Here are some links to some great posts and some news articles:

-Amy Proctor has a great post up titled W.A.R. on the 4th of July. Amy and her husband, SFC Proctor, were interviewed for the new Conservative radio station W.A.R. You can hear the interviews on Amy's blog.

-Michelle Malkin has a big post on Eco-Zealots vs. the Navy. I say, "Go Navy!"

-Angel has a post about the dumbing down of our culture at Woman Honor Thyself. Rather than teach children how to spell properly, some want to make our words easier. How pathetic is that?

-Last week I posted about Pat Dollard, a Hollywood filmmaker who is doing a documentary that is Pro-Marines. Over at A Rose By Any Other Name, Anna has a great post about Mr. Dollard's appearance on Hannity & Colmes last night.

-Ann Coulter's latest column is up: Top Secret Interview Exposed!

-Stop the ACLU is under attack, so no time for an official Blogburst today. Please read this post.