A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Thank You, Pat Dollard!

From IMDB.com:

"Self Congratulatory" Clooney Slammed
Hollywood agent-turned-documentary maker Pat Dollard has attacked George Clooney's outspoken anti-war stance. Dollard - the former agent of regular Clooney colleague Steven Soderbergh - is currently making a pro-war documentary about Marines fighting in Iraq. He was furious when Clooney urged more Democrats to speak out against the war and 'congratulated' himself for doing so.

He tells PageSix.com, "I read something on the Internet in which someone was patting himself on the back for having the courage to oppose the war. They actually equate bravery with speaking out against the president because (losing fans) might cost them one less servant at their Italian villa ... It put me into a black rage and made me sick to my stomach."

Dollard, a republican, also attacked the way supporters of the party in the entertainment industry have been ostracized, adding, "Being a Republican in Hollywood today is not much different than being a communist in Hollywood in the 1950s. I'm not trying to overstate the case, but the reality is there is a blacklist in Hollywood. It's very McCarthy-like. It just shows the hypocrisy of the left."
Glad to see there are a few true Americans in Hollywood who aren't afraid to speak out.

I wonder when Dollard's documentary will be out, as I certainly wish to see it and support him and the Marines.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,