A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Saturday, July 01, 2006

Friends of Jerry

I received this e-mail and thought I would post it:

Below is a blog regarding the fundrasing efforts on behalf of Lance Cpl Jerry Shumate currently being held, with six other Marines and 1 Navy Medic, at Camp Pendleton in connection with the Al-Hamdania incident.

Whether, you support the war or not, surely you believe an accused should have the access to the best defense possible. The families caught up in this situation aren't prominent. They aren't rich. They are just average folks caught up in a complex situation where often only the sophisticated, the well connected, the rich can be assured a fair shake.
This is, of course, a worthy cause.

Please visit Friends of Jerry.

Our military men deserve the same "innocent until proven guilty" that even the worst criminals in this country receive. Actually, they deserve better; we ask them to do the most horrid work and then treat them worse than the Supreme Court InJustices will allow us to treat cowardly men who want to kill, kill, kill us.

Wrong.

If these Marines and the Navy Corpsman have done anything wrong, then they ought to be punished. But, they shouldn't be treated as guilty until they have been proven guilty.

Please visit and spread the word.

Previous posts:
-Shameful
-Camp Pendelton 8 to Be Charged With Murder, Civil Liberties For Terrorists But Not For Troops

Technorati Tags: , ,