A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, May 03, 2006

CAII Round-Up

The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII) has been busy today, as usual. Here are links to some of our posts. Please visit and spread the word!

Visit our Coalition blog here for more updates.

I am asking people to start something special across the country. I amasking that all that are opposed to illegal immigration fly thefollowing flag, at their home, work, vehicles, or carried in protests.US Flags.

You can read about this US revolutionary flag here and here.

I think this is a perfect symbol for our struggle. Don't tread on me!

For those of you with blogs you can also place it on your website. Iuploaded some adsden graphics here.

If anyone finds better graphics please upload it and tell us!

You will find a list of Anti Illegal Immigration Protests here.

A Rally:
The CITIZENS Rally in Grand Rapids

Wednesday May 3, 2006
Only three days to the rally here in Grand Rapids. I have been telling everyone I can think of about it, and have asked them to spread the word too. I put out the word to the local American Legion Clubs. There has been absolutely no mention of it in the local news rag (The Grand Rapids Press), and I have heard no mention of it on any of the local TV or radio stations. We have no idea how many will show up for it. If you know someone up here in Michigan, call or email them and let them know, please! When: Saturday May 6, 2006 1:00 PM Where: Calder Plaza, Grand Rapids, Michigan What: Bring a flag. Please follow proper flag protocol and do not wear flag shirts or bandanas. This is disrespectful to the flag. Bring a sign or poster if
you so desire. The illegal aliens have had several massive well orchestrated protest demonstrations and it is time that a few of us say that the CITIZENS of the USA are the voters, not the law breakers. The Calder Plaza is outside the City/County building complex between the parallel streets of Ottowa St. and Ionia St. in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids. I am hoping that we will get enough participants to at least fill this area.
From The Violence Worker:
-Man Bites Dog In Seattle

From RedHotCuppaPolitics:
-The A lot Of Sound And Fury -- Signifying, uh, Something ...

From Committees of Correspondence:
-Pinko de Mayo

From CommonSenseAmerica
-The Great American Backlash

From DeMediacratic Nation:
-Minutemen recruit blacks against illegal immigrants
-Zacarias Moussaoui NOT Going Straight To Paradise---Did you know? Moussaoui was arrested on Immigration Charges.

From The Uncooperative Blogger:
-Minuteman Project Kicks Off Immigration-Reform Tour
-New Poll: Americans Prefer House Approach on Immigration

**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email the coalition and let us know at what level you would like to participate.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,