A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, May 02, 2006

CAII Round-Up---Post May Day Edition

Yesterday was the big "A Day Without Illegal Aliens" (well, they said "With Immigrants," but my version is the truth.). Did you notice anything different? Frankly, we would all be delighted if we could have a "Country Without Illegal Aliens." Perhaps they should sustain their boycott and go back to their home countries? That works for me.

Anyway, The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII) has been busy with posts about the whatever-you-call it day yesterday. Here are links to some of our posts. Please visit and spread the word!

Visit our Coalition blog here for more updates.

Make sure you visit NumbersUSA and send all those FREE FAXES!!!

And if you live near Phoenix, Arizona, you might want to attend this Rally:

The state capital, May 3rd at 8:00pm.
17th Ave & Washington Phx, Az.
Free parking available at Wesley Bolin Plaza. anyone who is in this
area may want to attend
From CommonSenseAmerica
-Legal Citizens and Immigrants Speak Out Against Illegal Immigration

From The Violence Worker:
-What I Did Today

From Second Shift Reflections:
-Illegal Immigration Rally in Wichita a Bust

From InMuscatine:
-Illegals Strike, USA Yawns

From Defend Our Borders:
-The Effect of the May Day Boycott - Washington, DC

From DeMediacratic Nation:
-Analysis: Fast track to U.S. citizenship
-Editorials: The message is inclusion

From Blogmeister USA:
-Yesterday's Protest: The Real Story in Pictures

From Random Thoughts Of Yet Another Military Member:
-Rep. Tom Tancredo's Version of a "Day Without A Illegal Immigrant"
-One More Worthy Protest Picture (As Daniel says in his post: All I have to say is that a promise? I would gladly give up burrito’s if all the Undocumented Illegal Immigrants went home! Would you???)



From The Uncooperative Blogger:
-La Raza Supporters
-Illegal Aliens Close Down Businesses Keep Them Closed
-Anti-Illegal Alien Protest in Crawford Texas

**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email the coalition and let us know at what level you would like to participate.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,