A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I can't wait to see POTC2

Summer is getting closer and so are some (probably great) movies. Newsweek has a preview:

Summer Movie Preview: Hollywood's 15 Most Wanted

The one I am most looking forward to is right at the top of the list:'

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Three years ago, almost everyone predicted that "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" would be a cheesy also-ran in the big summer box-office race. Pirate movies had tanked for years. Johnny Depp had never had a real hit. Worst of all, it was based on a Disney theme-park ride. It just had to sink, right? Yeah. Like "Titanic." It not only raked in a massive $654 million worldwide but was a rollicking pleasure cruise that had the whole country yo-ho-ho-ing. We'd rather walk the plank than miss this sequel. (Or the third one, which will be released next summer.) Depp returns as the louche Capt. Jack Sparrow, who owes his soul to undersea captain Davy Jones (Bill Nighy), with his octopus beard, crab-claw arm and half-human/half-crustacean crew. On the eve of their wedding, Will (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth (Keira Knightley) get yanked back into the shenanigans, and pretty soon they're seeking the spiritual guidance of a red-eyed, dreadlocked Gypsy queen (Naomie Harris), and Captain Jack is being served—à la carte, no less—to an island of cannibals. We're betting he's going to be delicious. July 7
Newsweek needs to employ better proofreaders. Note the title listed. It ought to say "Dead Man's Chest," not "Curse of the Black Pearl." That was the first movie.

Even so, I cannot wait to see this movie. It is the only one on Newsweek's list of 15 that I will even see.

What are you looking forward to?

Technorati Tags: , , ,