A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Don't Ignore This Milestone

April 9 is remembered as the day that Iraq fell. Of course, the MSM prefers to continue on with the belief that the War in Iraq has gone horribly, but we all know the truth.

On April 9, 2003, a huge statue of Saddam Hussein was pulled down in the middle of Baghdad. Iraqi citizens played a large part in its destruction. A number of blocks away, Saddam's Minister of "DisInformation" was telling the MSM that the Americans were no where near the city, that they were dying at the walls, that Iraq was firmly in Saddam's control.

Not true. And we all know it. Except, apparently, the MSM still believes that minister.

An organization called Families United for Our Troops and Their Mission is hoping we will all remind the MSM of the Truth.

You can find their detailed report of Iraq (then and now) here (PDF).

After you look that over, please go here and sign this letter to members of the MSM, asking them to properly and truthfully recognize this very important milestone.

By signing this letter, you are signaling that you support FUM's 4 Principles:

1. The United States Was Attacked.
2. Our Troops Want to Finish the Job.
3. Democracy Abroad Is Necessary for Our Security At Home.
4. We Will Not Be Safe Until the Terrorists are Defeated.
Please sign. It will only take a moment and you will be supporting some very special and important people, people who sacrifice so much for all of us.

These groups have all signed. Please join them.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,