A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, April 06, 2006

Coalition Against Illegal Immigration

From The Median Sib:

Our country was founded on immigration, and through immigration our country has been enriched and blessed. We are truly the melting pot of the world. I applaud people who have the courage to leave oppressive and burdensome lives elsewhere to immigrate LEGALLY to America where there are more opportunities. I also applaud people who stay in their homeland and work to obtain the freedoms and opportunities for their own country that are available here.

The line has formed to get into America, and illegal immigrants have snuck in under the fence to keep from paying for their ticket. Illegal immigration is a slap in the face to all the millions of people who have entered America legally since the union was first formed. LEGAL immigrants have given their time, effort and resources to follow the law and become Americans. Illegal immigrants, for the most part, aren't interested in becoming Americans. Instead, they want our culture to change and adapt to their culture.

I hope we don't give in to all the rallies and protests and speeches. No one from another country DESERVES to be here until they follow the same procedures that the immigrants before them followed. America was founded on equality - not on making accommodations for special interest groups.

Please read more from members of the Coalition Against Illegal Immigration at: Right Truth, The Uncooperative Blogger, Uncooperative Blogger (take 2), Freedom Watch, Common Sense America.

**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email the coalition and let me know at what level you would like to participate.

Technorati Tags: , ,