A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Sunday, March 12, 2006

Time for March Madness!

The March Madness Selection Show was on earlier this afternoon and 65 Men's College Basketball Teams found out who and where and when they play!

I love March Madness! All those awesome games. Fantastic upsets. Super performances. Non-stop action. I always print out a bracket, fill it out, and then print out another to fill in with correct winners as the tournament progresses. Oh, yes, and I watch as many games as I possibly can.

You can find more information about it, fill out brackets, and much more at Yahoo's coverage here and ESPN's Bracketology coverage here and CBS Sport's coverage here.

Games start Thursday, with the Championship Game played on 3 April.

My alma mater, Gonzaga University, is in. The Zags are the no. 3 team in the Oakland bracket, and will play #14 Xavier on Thursday, in Salt Lake City. You can find out more about GU here and here and here.

My favorite team, though, is Duke, under the direction of coach Mike Krzyzewski, aka Coach K, who is a good, Catholic man, and an excellent coach. Duke is the top #1 pick in the tournament this year and I hope they do well.

The next few weeks will be lots of fun. Who are you cheering for?