A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Thursday, February 16, 2006

Russia Predictably Wimps Out

On Tuesday, I asked "Does anyone really think that Russia and France will stick with this opinion or actually do anything?," in regards to Iran's nuclear tantrums.

It appears Russia is already getting wobbly knees.

AP: Russia Warns U.S. Against Striking Iran---

Russia's top military chief on Thursday warned the United States against launching a military strike against Iran and a top diplomat voiced hope that close cooperation with China could help resolve the Tehran nuclear crisis.

With tension mounting over Iran's nuclear programs, Gen. Yuri Baluyevsky, the chief of Russia's general staff, warned the United States against attacking Iran.

"A military scenario can't be ruled out," Baluyevsky was quoted as saying by Russian news agencies.

He said that while Iran's military potential cannot compare to the United States', "it is hard to predict how the Muslim world will respond to the use of force against Iran."

"This may stir the whole world, and it is crucial to prevent anything like that," Baluyevsky was quoted as saying.
So, on the pretty certain notion that any attack against an insane regime like Iran will make the already Insane and Inflamed Muslim Street riot, we shouldn't do anything.

We didn't do anything and they attacked us on 9/11, at the Khobar Towers, our embassies, Danish newspaper offices, Danish embassies, etc., etc., etc.

What is more important? Making sure Iran doesn't use nuclear weapons? Or making sure some animalistic people, who still live in the Dark Ages, don't decide to burn our flags, Valentines, and Ronald McDonalds?