A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cheney Round-Up

Here are some links to blogs which have posts about VP Cheney's accidental shooting of his friend/fellow hunter, and some coverage from the media.

Why doesn't the MSM go back to covering the real news?

Gerard Baker at the Times (UK) posted on Good Cheney Hunting and says:
But please: can the media mavens dial down the outrage a bit? It's not the missing bits of the Nixon tapes. It's not the sinking of the Maine. And it's certainly not the Grassy Knoll - though, come to think of it, did the Warren Commission really ascertain to everybody's satisfaction Mr Cheney's whereabouts that November day? I think we should be told.
Michelle Malkin has The Barnum & Bailey Media, which includes links to other blogs.

Michelle's latest column, "American clown journalism 101," is here.

Brent Bozell writes about "The media's Cheney hunt," here.

Read Cheney's Statement here.

National Review White House Correspondent, Byron York, has a column up titled When Cheney Finally Talks, He’ll Have Plenty of Questions to Answer.

Over at GOPUSA, Bobby Eberle says "Cheney Doesn’t Owe the Media an Apology." I agree.

CNSNEWS.com is reporting that Wacko PETA Urges Cheney to 'Put His Guns Down'. I urge them to find reality.

At Human Events, William Murchinson writes on Dick Cheney and the Culture of Entertainment