A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Wednesday, January 04, 2006

More Fonda Hypocrisy

World Entertainment News Network : Fonda Fronts New Anti-violence Campaign---

Jane Fonda is fronting a new TV campaign to stamp out violence against women.

The movie legend appears in a US public service announcement for an upcoming celebration of women's rights, V-day.

She says, "When violence against women and girls ends I'll be able to talk to my men friends the way I talk to my women friends. Let V-Day become the world."
That's funny. Many girls I see when I substitute teach have no trouble sounding just like guys and talking to them in the same way: lots of cursing and innuendo and no shyness.

This is just another Liberal-Feminazi myth: women and men have to be able to talk to each other in the same way.

No thank you. I am perfectly content having civilized, respectable conversations with men and women. I don't need to have "girl talk" with men and I don't need to sound like a Quenton Tarantino film when I talk to anyone.

And what about the rights of all those babies Fonda and her friends are so set on murdering? Perhaps they ought to stand up for all those little baby girls who are slaughtered every day in the world.