A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Monday, January 02, 2006

Note to GOP Leaders:

Here's a thought: Try listening to the Base. You won't get far without us.

AP: GOP Road to White House May Start in Tenn.---

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Some of the Republican Party's presumed presidential hopefuls will be in Memphis this March to meet with party activists and try to gain momentum for their campaigns.

The Southern Republican Leadership Conference will meet March 9-12 at the Peabody Hotel.

A number of presumed candidates, including Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee and Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, are scheduled to attend and speak.

Also confirmed are Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, another possible presidential candidate, and Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee.

"I'm the only keynote speaker they could find who's not running for president," Alexander joked.

Two dozen others have been invited, including party heavyweights John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Karl Rove, and many will attend.
Let me see:

John McCain---Call him R.I.N.O. He has no chance. I wouldn't vote for him.

Arnold Schwarzenegger---Call him a baby R.I.N.O.. Plus, he wasn't born in this country, so he can't be president. I don't favor changing the CONSTITUTION for him. Perhaps Winston Churchill, but not Arnie.

Rudy Giuliani---Pro-Choice, adulterer, and from New York. I might vote for him in a pinch, but he isn't my favorite, despite his excellent record on crime. Perhaps we ought to send him to Iraq or our own border.

Bill Frist---Where has he been? I haven't heard or seen him out in front, fighting for the Conservative Cause. He's been too quiet, too soft, too un-confrontational.

Romney, Huckabee, and Alexander---I don't know much about them, other than the odd news tidbit.

The bottom line is that for anyone to win the nomination, he (and I do mean "he") has to prove he's willing and able to stick with the Conservative platform and not go wandering off the ranch like President Bush. We expect a true Conservative. I don't want to campaign for or vote for a namby-pamby R.I.N.O. If I wanted that, I would have voted for John McCain in 2000. No thank you.