A Lady's Ruminations

"Jane was firm where she felt herself to be right." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.


Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Someone's a real Grinch!

AP: N.D. Police Seek Stolen 8-Foot Grinch---

MANDAN, N.D. - Police are on the trail of the Grinch. Lori Ihli and Mike Moszer said they woke up Sunday morning to find someone had stolen the 8-foot inflatable Grinch from their yard in Mandan.

Police Chief Dennis Rohr said it is the first reported stolen holiday decoration of the season.

"We generally get a couple reports like this each Christmas," Rohr said. "We have a notice out, but no suspects."

He said people who decorate their yards risk having items stolen.

"Anytime you put something out, there's always the chance people will take it," Rohr said. "So far, we haven't had anything I'd call a rash of this behavior."

Ihli said stealing the Grinch, worth $60, would not have been easy. It was staked down with cords and attached to a fan to keep it inflated, she said.

Moszer also said it has a zipper on the side, not easy to see, to increase deflation time.

"Even if you use the zipper, it still takes a good three or four minutes to deflate," he said.

Ihli and Moszer said other decorations in their yard were left, including a large blow-up bear and the Grinch's dog.

"I'm not going to take the other decorations down," Moszer said. "I'm not going to let something like this ruin Christmas."